What’s Happening at DCS?
- February 28: Family Fun Night at the Spartan Store YMCA from 7 – 10 PM
- March 3: 8th Grade Soup Supper
- March 6 – 7: 7th and 8th grade play: Haphazardly Ever After
- March 10: 5th Grade Transition Meeting 7 -8 PM at the Middle School
Early 5’s & Kindergarten Information Night
Thursday, March 19 at 6:30pm Parents and prospective kindergartners are invited to attend, meet the teachers and check out the classrooms. At 7:00 PM, parents will have the opportunity to hear about each of the program options. During this time, fun supervised activities will be provided for the children. Click here for the flyer.
Fine Arts & Reading Month (F.A.R.M.)
- Your family has an awesome opportunity to help us celebrate both reading and the fine arts during the month of March. Special guests this year include: Artprize participant, Joel Schoon Tanis, musical performance by Maddy Wiering, storytelling by Mr. Kelder’s mom, and a chance to read with some really cool athletes from SCHS! Remind your child to record their at-home reading minutes on the FARM calendar. Please take a minute to talk with your family about spending less time with electronics next month and more time together celebrating reading and the arts!
- FARM Parent Letter
- FARM 2015 calendar
Mini Art Museum is coming to the elementary school for FARM (Fine Arts and Reading Month). The museum will be on display from March 10 to March 31. Artwork is needed to fill the museum galleries and sculpture garden. If your child would like to be a part of this museum, they need to get inspired and start creating. Click here for specific guidelines.